Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Pressing on


I'm curious. Is it possible to learn resilience and determination without hardship? I'm asking because hardship is, well...hardship is hard. Though I have only started work recently, at times the temptation to just pack up and leave is so real. It just seems so much easier to be a student. Yet, I recognise that each day I persist, that much more I grow in character. So, I will press on. That is unless one of you geniuses can tell me how to substitute hardship in character building. Looking forward to it. Otherwise, here's an Adidas advert that I hope will lift you fellow presser-onners when the task before you seems impossible.

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.

P.S. I've heard that presser-onners become overcomers.

No comments: